Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Living on the edge

with spikes....kind of like Anastasia Steele.
(if you don't get this, then you need to read 50 Shades of Grey)
I might never stop talking about this book/Mr. Grey.  :)






How about some DIY spikes?
What you'll need: 
  • a chevron friendship bracelet
  • 5 3/8” brass cone studs
  • a pair of small, sharp scissors
  • a screwdriver
  • 1.  Use a Sharpie or marker to make 5 evenly spaced marks along the middle of the friendship bracelet. From the backside, push the point of the scissors through the mark to create a hole.
    2. Push a screw through the hole. Twist the coned spike onto the screw and use a screwdriver to tighten.
    3.   Repeat the steps with the rest of the spikes. Voila! Your friendship bracelet has a spiked spine.

    Put a little spike in your life.
    Happy Tuesday and happy May lovely ladies!

    

    4 comments:

    Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

    I am loving this trend right now! I loved making friendship bracelets when I was little! I bought floss a while back, but just need to find the time to make some. And love the 50 shades ref! I'm reading the 2nd right now ;)

    My-cliffnotes said...

    Yep, love that series, I put up an Mr. Grey ecard today lol. They spelled Grey wrong, but whatev.

    I'd like those shoes please.

    Tab

    Amanda said...

    Surprisingly I'm liking these spikey necklaces... who would have thought!

    Beth said...

    Oh my gosh- love this post Steph! I love all the spikey jewelry you posted, but those pumps are TO.DIE.FOR!

     
    Site Design by Designer Blogs