Sunday, January 31, 2010
Friday night, we had Heather's lingerie shower. Here are all the girls!!
We had a blast and Heather got some really really cute stuff!!
We played lots of games....
We played one game where half the girls designed lingerie out of toilet paper and half the girls modeled the lingerie.
I was a designer...
Here is all the great work and the models!!
I designed the girl with the bow in her hair...haha!
Saturday, we had Heather's bridesmaid luncheon...Here are all the bridesmaid except 3.
Her sisters were unable to come due to weather conditions...the interstate was closed!
Heather, the bride, is in the pink!
Our yummy food!!
Getting ready to open our gifts!
Me with the beautiful bride-to-be!
Saturday night, I went to the circus for my birthday!
The elephants are my favorite!
Me and my love waiting to get tickets!
The grand finale!
Us 3 girls at the circus...
Heather, me, and Kim
The boys were probably boycotting pictures!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
This past weekend, I celebrated Heather's bachelorette weekend in Atlanta!!! We had so much fun!!
All the girls!
From L-R: Leslie, Melissa, Heather (bride to be), Shelby, me, and Danielle
Look who I met!!!
Steven Mcqueen Aka Jeremy from Vampire Diaries......
And Michael Trevino Aka Tyler from Vampire Diaries!
SO Sunday I was in the emergency room getting very PAINFUL numbing shots in my wound, a tetnis shot, and 4 stitches.
On Monday, I was back at the doctor's office sick. I got tested for the flu, strep, and had blood drawn. All to find out that I had walking pneumonia...the result...2 shots. One in each hip...and 3 prescriptions. Unfortunately, I had to miss school on Tuesday, but I did make it back today. Now my teacher is out, so I am getting lots of practice being the "teacher".
Happy Hump Day!
Monday, January 11, 2010
I know what you are thinking...does she know we are doing hairstyles?? The answer is yes...although I wouldn't mind having any of their bodies either. I just love the Victoria Secret Angel hair...long and wavy!! It is absolutely gorgeous! I am growing my hair out...actually I have been growing it out for 23 years now. My whole life! Below are pics of my attempt at the VS Angel hair. Enjoy! Happy Monday!!
Saturday, January 09, 2010
We had a get together at Eric & Heather's house for the National Championship game. We made chicken casserole and green bean casserole (we southerners love casseroles) and had a fire going. It was soo cold outside and we were hoping for snow so that all the "real jobbers" wouldn't have to work Friday! They weren't that lucky, but a couple (Kim and Candace) were lucky enough to get a couple of hours of extra sleep since schools were delayed until 10 AM. Too bad for those who aren't teachers (like Eli). He had to get up at regular time. Fortunately for me, I didn't have anything to do Friday so I got to relax and enjoy being the national champions.
We were all decked out in our eye black!
I wish I had gotten pictures of everyone, but our crew included Kim and Eli (my sis and BIL), Heather and Eric (one of my besties and her fiance), Sara and Ethan (one of Stephen's buddies and his wife), Candace and Addison (a really good friend of Kim and Eli's and her daughter--her hubby was in Pasadena), Bronson (another one of Stephen's buddies), and me and Stephen.
We had a lot of fun watching the game and celebrating our win over Texas!
Me and Stephen
Heather, Sara, and me
Me and Heather
Me and my love!
Baby Addison, Kim, Heather, Candace, and me
Seconds after we won...Kim and Eli!
All the excitement really wore Addison out...she was snoozin' and cuddlin' to Aunt Kimi!
ROLL TIDE...I am so happy to be a soon-to-be-graduate of the University of Alabama!
Friday, January 08, 2010
Show us how you live 2010
1. Devotion Time - I bought a women's devotional that I started and want to continue throughout the rest of the year...I love it so far!! There is one verse/devotion for each day of the year.
2. Church - I want to find a more permanent church family...2 of my favorite churches are here in the Birmingham area and now that I am back here for good, I want to attend more and decide which one I would like to join.
3. Be healthier - Not only do I have to get in shape for Heather's wedding (less than 6 weeks away); I need to be healthier all around. I plan on trying to eat better and working out more. I am an awful runner, but I really wanna try to run. It's a great way to stay in shape and I think that it can be enjoyable once I get through the first few weeks.
4. Patience - I feel that I have a great deal of patience when it comes to certain aspects of my life (such as teaching and dealing with children), but I am SO impatient in other aspects (traffic/driving in general and with my boyfriend). I really want to work on this because I feel that there is no reason to stress about things that aren't important!
5. Money - I am a big spender!! I am not going to be working this semester since I am doing my student teaching and I need to make what money I do have last until I graduate. This is going to be tough, but it is possible! I plan on figuring out some sort of budget so hopefully I will get better with my money.
2010 here I come!
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Wordless Wednesday (kind of)
Getting pumped for the National Championship Game tomorrow....ROLL TIDE!!
Pics from past game days!!
Eli, Kim, me, and Stephen (2008)
Heather, me, and Kim (2008)
Halle, Carter, and Cooper (2008)
Me and Kim (2008)
Me and Stephen (2009)
Me and LK (2009)
Me and Addison (2009)
Me, Stephen, Joe, and Julia-Stephen's sister and her husband (2009)
Me and Stephen (2009)
Precious Addison (2009)