Sunday, June 27, 2010
1.If you had 5000.00 to spend on plastic surgery what would you have done?
None...I don't want to end up like this!
2. Do you watch soap operas and if so what is your favorite and why?
I used to watch All My Children and One Life to Live with my grandmother all the time. I got into Passions for a while, but I don't watch any soaps now.
3. Favorite clothing brand?
I don't really have a favorite brand. If I like something and it's affordable, I buy it. I am not one of those girls that has to have everything brand name.
4. An afternoon shopping spree at your favorite store or maid service for a year?
5. Favorite Disney princess?
Thursday, June 24, 2010
What I have been doing lately:
1. Baron's Game with family and friends
2. Lots of pool time...I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday @ the pool.
3. Alabama Adventure=lots of fun, but wayyy too much sun for me.
4. Library fun with the kids....they had to have their pic taken with Rock Shrimp.
He told us all about how to conserve water.
5. Girl's Night
Have I ever told you guys how awesome my family is?
My sister's Kim and Jenn, my favorite sister in law Rebekah, my niece Halle, and me all got together for dinner and a movie. We are big fans of O'Charley's and $1 movies. We went to see The Last Song...such a good movie!!
6. Lots of Chick-Fil-A trips.
I could seriously live off of these...
and the kids really enjoy their play place and their ice cream.
In addition to Alli and Ryan, I had sweet baby Haleigh Grace a couple of days this week.
Here are a couple of pics I took of Halle and Haleigh together.
7. Free movies @ the Rave.
It makes me so happy that my sister's and some of our friends have summer's off and we all get to enjoy time together doing fun things like going to free movies, going to the pool, or just meeting for lunch to let the kids play.
This week's free movie was Astro Boy...it was cute.
Haleigh Grace slept through the entire movie, but I had to improvise bc the movie was so loud.
I used my jacket to block her ears. haha.
I recently saw the preview to this movie and I am so excited to see it.
It looks awesome....and of course I had to see if there was a book and there is!!!
I immediately bought it on the Kindle.
I am currently rereading Eclipse to prepare for the premiere next Tuesday so as soon as I am done, I get to start The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud.
8. Watching movies...
Great movie by the way!! I also read the book years ago.
8. Learning the presidents.
History is not a strength of mine. A friend of mine shared this book with me and I read it last night...it's amazing how easy it is to learn the president's names in order. I was impressed.
Tomorrow is pool day with family, friends, and all the kids. Should be exciting.
Have a wonderful Friday!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Top 2 Reality TV shows that you would be on....
1. The Bachelor/Bachelorette
Love. Love. Love these shows and would be on there any day!!!
2. America's Next Top Model
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Our week so far....
Monday='d Lazy day @ home...
We had a busy week planned so we had cuddle/movie time.
We watched Up and all took a nap together.
I didn't quite finish it, but heard it's really cute. I'll let you guys know.
Tuesday was a full day of library fun. We joined 2 different summer reading programs to have lots of variety...We participate @ North Shelby Library bc it is close to my brother and sister-in-law, Bekah's, house. We meet up with Bekah, Halle, Carter, and Cooper for fun activities @ NSL.
We also participate @ Hoover Public Library because it is really close to where Alli has therapy and we are in Hoover quite a bit.C
Tuesday we started out at NSL for Blazer's Animal Show. It was really awesome. The animals' included a babboon, a python, a laughing kookaburra, a crow, an alligator, and 2 different porcupines. After the show was over, we checked out lots of books and headed to Chick-fil-a for lunch with Bekah and the kids. After lunch me, Alli, and Ryan headed to the Hoover Library for Safari Greg. He also had cool animals, but he did magic tricks too which the kids loved.
Here are some pictures from our Tuesday:
Today, we planned to go to a Spongebob Party @ the Bessemer Library, but I called today for details and realized that you have to pay to be a part of their summer program. We opted to go to The McWane Center instead. Alli & Ryan had a BLAST.
Today was a bit cooler from all of the rain so Indira and I got to go for a walk and play in the park. She is so stinkin' cute.
Playing Peek-a-boo under the flap on her stroller.
This butterfly loved me. It landed on me like 5 different times.
Indira associates anything that flies with a bird so she kept calling it a "ba". Haha
Here are some fun pics from yesterday and today with sweet Indira.
We conveniently take walks past my favorite houses...haha.
I absolutely love this one and it's for sale.
I was in the market for a HOUSE.
Tomorrow might be another lazy day for us...I am exhausted.
Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel is sounding pretty good.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Top 2 Guilty Pleasures
1. Sonic Happy Hour!!!! I will drive 20 minutes out of the way to go to Sonic during happy hour, which by the way is from 2-4 daily. I usually get a Dr. Pepper, but half price drinks rock my world. I am a big soda fan!!
I get them way more than needed. I usually go at least once every 10 days. haha. I love pedicures and should really find another guilty pleasure because I spend too much money paying someone to rub my feet.
1. Only 14 days until Eclipse comes out...I can't wait to go see it. I even bought a special shirt to wear. You will have to wait and see pictures.
It is definitely safe to say that I am a Twilight addit!!!
2. I have been working so hard on my 101 in 1001. I just can't seem to come up with 101 things...if anyone has any recommendations...I need 19 more things. Thanks!
3. Last, but definitely not least. Can I just say that I am so mad about the Rose ceremony tonight on the Bachelorette?
Jesse VS Kasey
Monday, June 14, 2010
Alli, Ryan, & Indira have been keeping me pretty busy.
Here is what my typical day is like:
- Wake up @ 7 and leave (usually still in my pjs) to go pick up Alli and Ryan
- Come back to Kim's and let them watch Dora/Spongebob or play with LK (Kim is keeping LK this summer) while I get dressed and eat breakfast.
- Feed the kid's a snack
- Leave for the daily activities (usually involves parks, picnics, movies, library, etc.)
- Usually go by Sonic during happy hour for some slushes
- Head to take them home around 2:30 or 3
- Once I have dropped Alli and Ryan off @ home, I head downtown to babysit Indira. I get there between 3:30 and 4.
- Indira is usually waking up from her nap when I get there.
- We have a snack and go for a walk around Highland.
- If it is too hot, we play in her playroom with weebles and lots and lots of books!!
- Around 5:30, Indira gets a bath and gets dinner around 6.
- After dinner, we read books, listen to kid's music, rock on the front porch, or color until 7 o'clock rolls around and it is time for me to make the 30-40 min drive back to Helena (depending on traffic).
- Usually I get home, eat dinner, shower, and get in bed. haha...I am exhausted after a long day of entertaining kids.
Here are some pics from last week's adventures
Aldridge Botanical Gardens
Pool Day with my nieces and nephews
Oak Mountain State Park
This past weekend was kind of busy!!
Friday I babysat late, until around 8:00, and then headed back to Helena for girl's night with Heather. I picked her up and we ate San Antonio's. We stopped by my house to pick me up some stuff to spend the night with her and then we headed to her house. We watched reruns of the Bachelorette and had lots of fun just hanging out.
**She has a sleep number bed and it is AMAZING!!
Saturday we slept in a little and decided to go to the pool for a couple of hours before we had to road trip it to Weogufka for Wes and Loren's wedding. It was super hot outside and we got lots of sun.
Woegufka is a very small town near Sylacauga. We made the nearly 2 hour drive and was seconds from being late. It was a nice, small wedding and then we headed back to Birmingham. We all hung out Saturday night and I really enjoyed getting to spend so much time with Heather!! (She was my roommate in college)
Sunday was a nice, relaxing day. I slept in late and stayed in comfy clothes all day!!
Until next time, have a great week! Happy Monday!
Me with Alli and Ryan's baby brother, Charles. He stays home with his mommy, but I did get to stay with him for a couple of hours on Friday. He is soo tiny and so sweet!!!